"You Don't Need an Education to Run a Business" (& Other Lies You've Accepted)
Step 1: Research - Online and Old School Education
"Defining 'education' as the act of gaining new insight and knowledge as a means to one day become an expert in your chosen field(s) - is a great way to eliminate any stress or personal hangups you may have with formal education."
- Alison.com (eCourses, FREE - in business, marketing, web, and more!)
- The Google Skillshop (eCourse Certification for AdWords, Analytics, and more!)
- Lynda.com (eCourses, Paid subscription - free for some corporations)
- SBA.gov (Small Business Administration Website: Resources for Starting a Business)
- SCORE (Mentors, Seminars, and Free 1-on-1 Advice from Lawyers)
Step 2: Learning through Practical Application
Next Holiday Season, you could decide to sell that same sweater at a higher price, to not offer free shipping, or to find a new sweater that is cheaper to manufacture so that you can still offer at that popular price point.
Check back next time as we discuss more lies that you've accepted as a budding entrepreneur!